Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll  
Author Message
woodysapsucker





PostPosted: Sat Nov 17 23:06:00 PST 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll

When I login after booting, I get these RunDLL errors:

Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll
The Specified module could not be found

and

Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll
The Specified module could not be found

I can't seem to find anywhere to download these dlls, help?

Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
doing anything?

Thanks!

Windows Vista10  
 
 
uvbogden





PostPosted: Sat Nov 17 23:06:00 PST 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll Are you running McAfee antivirus? If so, your McAfee is corrupted and you
may need to completely uninstall McAfee (not just with Vista uninstaller),
and reinstall it. You can do this with the help of McAfee Removal Tool, or
using a program like Smarty Uninstaller. Details in this tutorial.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87249-unable-install-latest-version-program-vista.html




> When I login after booting, I get these RunDLL errors:
>
> Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll
> The Specified module could not be found
>
> and
>
> Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll
> The Specified module could not be found
>
> I can't seem to find anywhere to download these dlls, help?
>
> Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
> doing anything?
>
> Thanks!
 
 
SteveCampbell





PostPosted: Sun Nov 18 02:36:01 PST 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll I've got Vista Ulitmate (32) with 3GB RAM and if you mean 'it runs all the
time at about 40%' then Vista is clearly unhappy with something, as mentiond
by the other reply.

When I'm not asking the system to do anything and no major background
service is updating the internet or whatever mine fluctuates between 1-4%.

Steve



Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
doing anything?

 
 
MICHAEL





PostPosted: Sun Nov 18 07:54:51 PST 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll

> I've got Vista Ulitmate (32) with 3GB RAM and if you mean 'it runs all the
> time at about 40%' then Vista is clearly unhappy with something, as mentiond
> by the other reply.
>
> When I'm not asking the system to do anything and no major background
> service is updating the internet or whatever mine fluctuates between 1-4%.
>
> Steve
>

>
> Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
> doing anything?

Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Yes, Vista consumes more RAM than XP.
However, it does a much better job at managing memory than XP.
More than likely, you'll never come close to actually using 3GB of RAM.


-Michael

 
 
MICHAEL





PostPosted: Sun Nov 18 08:07:41 PST 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll

> When I login after booting, I get these RunDLL errors:
>
> Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll
> The Specified module could not be found

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/nvmctray.dll.html

> and
>
> Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll
> The Specified module could not be found

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/nvcpl.dll.html

> I can't seem to find anywhere to download these dlls, help?

You probably need to reinstall your Nvidia video drivers.

If that doesnâ??t help, read through this thread;
http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t15885.html

> Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
> doing anything?

Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Vista will adjust its memory needs and
program needs rather efficiently.

> Thanks!


-Michael

 
 
SteveCampbell





PostPosted: Sun Nov 18 08:14:00 PST 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll Yes, as I found out - the expensive way. I bought 4GB (before I'd heard of
the 32 bit OS limitations) and found I only had 3009MB in use. Removed one
chip and am still left with 3009MB. Part of the problem is my 640MB graphics
card, all other RAM coming off the total that the OS can use. Vista sees the
same as the mobo.

Steve





> > I've got Vista Ulitmate (32) with 3GB RAM and if you mean 'it runs all the
> > time at about 40%' then Vista is clearly unhappy with something, as mentiond
> > by the other reply.
> >
> > When I'm not asking the system to do anything and no major background
> > service is updating the internet or whatever mine fluctuates between 1-4%.
> >
> > Steve
> >

> >
> > Also, is Vista Ultimate supposed to take 40% of 3g of RAM when I'm not even
> > doing anything?
>
> Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Yes, Vista consumes more RAM than XP.
> However, it does a much better job at managing memory than XP.
> More than likely, you'll never come close to actually using 3GB of RAM.
>
>
> -Michael
>
>
 
 
Aaron





PostPosted: Sun Nov 18 09:41:01 PST 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll I'm using Norton, but these are NVIDIA drivers, not from Norton...



> Are you running McAfee antivirus? If so, your McAfee is corrupted and you
> may need to completely uninstall McAfee (not just with Vista uninstaller),
> and reinstall it. You can do this with the help of McAfee Removal Tool, or
> using a program like Smarty Uninstaller. Details in this tutorial.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87249-unable-install-latest-version-program-vista.html
_________________________________________________________________
So it's normal?



> Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Yes, Vista consumes more RAM than XP.
> However, it does a much better job at managing memory than XP.
> More than likely, you'll never come close to actually using 3GB of RAM.
______________________________________________________________
One more thing, my computer puts out heat like a heater, is this normal?
Here's my computer:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?template_type=product_detail&product_code=GQ500AA%23ABA&jumpid=oc_R1002_USENC-001_HP%20Pavilion%20Elite%20m9080n%20Desktop%20PC&lang=en&cc=us
 
 
uvbogden





PostPosted: Sun Nov 18 13:04:01 PST 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Error loading NvMcTray.dll and NvCpl.dll I would download and install the latest driver for your NVIDIA card. You can
get these from NVIDIA or from where you bought your computer. I bought mine
from Dell and on their support site they have all the update or original
drivers available for download. I wouldn't worry about just getting
replacement files for those that are mentioned in the error notice, just
download and install the complete driver.



> I'm using Norton, but these are NVIDIA drivers, not from Norton...
>

>
> > Are you running McAfee antivirus? If so, your McAfee is corrupted and you
> > may need to completely uninstall McAfee (not just with Vista uninstaller),
> > and reinstall it. You can do this with the help of McAfee Removal Tool, or
> > using a program like Smarty Uninstaller. Details in this tutorial.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87249-unable-install-latest-version-program-vista.html
> _________________________________________________________________
> So it's normal?
>

>
> > Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Yes, Vista consumes more RAM than XP.
> > However, it does a much better job at managing memory than XP.
> > More than likely, you'll never come close to actually using 3GB of RAM.
> ______________________________________________________________
> One more thing, my computer puts out heat like a heater, is this normal?
> Here's my computer:
>
> http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?template_type=product_detail&product_code=GQ500AA%23ABA&jumpid=oc_R1002_USENC-001_HP%20Pavilion%20Elite%20m9080n%20Desktop%20PC&lang=en&cc=us