rundll32 error closes Explorer and more  
Author Message
jmyahoo>





PostPosted: Mon Jul 23 20:01:09 CDT 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> rundll32 error closes Explorer and more

I have a 1 week old HP notebook Core 2 Duo running Windows Vista Ultimate.
IT is using 1.5 GIG RAM.

Although I ungraded last week from Home Premium it has been functioning
beautifully. Today I cannot open up Explorer and many other features
including network viewing. The few application I tried to run work fine.

The error says RUNDLL32 is not functioning. I am not sure how to restore it
and wondered how I can repair that file or fix the problem. Any help
appreciated.
--
***************************
Mark M Simonian, MD
681 Medical center Dr West #106
Clovis, CA 93611
(559) 325-6850
www.markmsimonian.medem.com


Windows Vista8  
 
 
noaim





PostPosted: Mon Jul 23 20:01:09 CDT 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> rundll32 error closes Explorer and more u could try system restore to a point before you were having this problem





>
> I have a 1 week old HP notebook Core 2 Duo running Windows Vista Ultimate.
> IT is using 1.5 GIG RAM.
>
> Although I ungraded last week from Home Premium it has been functioning
> beautifully. Today I cannot open up Explorer and many other features
> including network viewing. The few application I tried to run work fine.
>
> The error says RUNDLL32 is not functioning. I am not sure how to restore
> it and wondered how I can repair that file or fix the problem. Any help
> appreciated.
> --
> ***************************
> Mark M Simonian, MD
> 681 Medical center Dr West #106
> Clovis, CA 93611
> (559) 325-6850
> www.markmsimonian.medem.com


 
 
Mark





PostPosted: Mon Jul 23 23:10:11 CDT 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> rundll32 error closes Explorer and more I did find a utility I have not tried but sounded interesting - fix
rundll32.exe. It proposes itself as a clean up utility and I did see another
but it was not free.

--
***************************
Mark M Simonian, MD
681 Medical center Dr West #106
Clovis, CA 93611
(559) 325-6850
www.markmsimonian.medem.com



>u could try system restore to a point before you were having this problem
>
>
>


>>
>> I have a 1 week old HP notebook Core 2 Duo running Windows Vista
>> Ultimate. IT is using 1.5 GIG RAM.
>>
>> Although I ungraded last week from Home Premium it has been functioning
>> beautifully. Today I cannot open up Explorer and many other features
>> including network viewing. The few application I tried to run work fine.
>>
>> The error says RUNDLL32 is not functioning. I am not sure how to restore
>> it and wondered how I can repair that file or fix the problem. Any help
>> appreciated.
>> --
>> ***************************
>> Mark M Simonian, MD
>> 681 Medical center Dr West #106
>> Clovis, CA 93611
>> (559) 325-6850
>> www.markmsimonian.medem.com

>

 
 
Mr





PostPosted: Mon Jul 23 23:22:52 CDT 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> rundll32 error closes Explorer and more


>
> I have a 1 week old HP notebook Core 2 Duo running Windows Vista Ultimate.
> IT is using 1.5 GIG RAM.
>
> Although I ungraded last week from Home Premium it has been functioning
> beautifully. Today I cannot open up Explorer and many other features
> including network viewing. The few application I tried to run work fine.
>
> The error says RUNDLL32 is not functioning. I am not sure how to restore
> it and wondered how I can repair that file or fix the problem. Any help
> appreciated.

Have you installed any non Vista compliant software on the machine?

If you have restore points, then you can boot off of the DVD and restore
back to a point prior too the problem to see if that fixes it. Or you can do
an upgrade over the top of the existing O/S, installing the O/S again, which
will not loose your current setting or break the exiting software on the
machine, to see if that fixes the problem.
,

 
 
Mark





PostPosted: Tue Jul 24 11:15:33 CDT 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> rundll32 error closes Explorer and more Yes I have installed software that the vender said should run on XP Pro and
I finally got that software running smoothly. I have been able to install it
on another Vista professional machine and it works well. I did install
Virtual PC 2007 and am running XP concurrently. It did not give me any
problem until I try to install a Firebird database. It allowed me to run the
critcal electronic medical record software I need. But now I can't even
enable the Firewall.

I will try to reinstall and see how that works. Thanks




>


>>
>> I have a 1 week old HP notebook Core 2 Duo running Windows Vista
>> Ultimate. IT is using 1.5 GIG RAM.
>>
>> Although I ungraded last week from Home Premium it has been functioning
>> beautifully. Today I cannot open up Explorer and many other features
>> including network viewing. The few application I tried to run work fine.
>>
>> The error says RUNDLL32 is not functioning. I am not sure how to restore
>> it and wondered how I can repair that file or fix the problem. Any help
>> appreciated.
>
> Have you installed any non Vista compliant software on the machine?
>
> If you have restore points, then you can boot off of the DVD and restore
> back to a point prior too the problem to see if that fixes it. Or you can
> do an upgrade over the top of the existing O/S, installing the O/S again,
> which will not loose your current setting or break the exiting software on
> the machine, to see if that fixes the problem.
> ,

 
 
Mr





PostPosted: Tue Jul 24 11:48:32 CDT 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> rundll32 error closes Explorer and more


> Yes I have installed software that the vender said should run on XP Pro
> and I finally got that software running smoothly. I have been able to
> install it on another Vista professional machine and it works well.

I think that's your problem right there is that you have installed non Vista
compliant software with its components on the machine and on a upgrade at
that, which could causing other problems that you are not aware that can
lead issues in doing that.

But only time will tell for you as to the final results of installing that
software on that particular machine.