Opening links from Vista's Windows Mail  
Author Message
courtreporter





PostPosted: Wed Sep 19 11:08:14 CDT 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Opening links from Vista's Windows Mail

I notice that I cannot open links from Window's Mail newsgroups now.
If I have the separate internet browser open, the links will open.

Is there a setting that will allow me to open internet links from Mail?

By the way, in a previous post, I was complaining about the slowness
of Vista. I have removed some of the software from Startup, and built out
the memory from 512 megabytes to 2 gigabytes. Response is much
better, although still not blazing fast.

Windows Vista5  
 
 
hls





PostPosted: Wed Sep 19 11:08:14 CDT 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Opening links from Vista's Windows Mail Maybe I asked this question poorly.
Or does no one else seem to be experiencing the situation I have described?




>I notice that I cannot open links from Window's Mail newsgroups now.
> If I have the separate internet browser open, the links will open.
> Is there a setting that will allow me to open internet links from Mail?
>
> By the way, in a previous post, I was complaining about the slowness
> of Vista. I have removed some of the software from Startup, and built out
> the memory from 512 megabytes to 2 gigabytes. Response is much better,
> although still not blazing fast.

 
 
Cal





PostPosted: Wed Sep 19 11:41:22 CDT 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Opening links from Vista's Windows Mail Go to Control Panel (Classic view) > Default Programs > "Set your default
programs" link, and make sure Internet Explorer and Windows Mail are set to all
their defaults.


I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!




> Maybe I asked this question poorly.
> Or does no one else seem to be experiencing the situation I have described?
>
>


>>I notice that I cannot open links from Window's Mail newsgroups now.
>> If I have the separate internet browser open, the links will open.
>> Is there a setting that will allow me to open internet links from Mail?
>>
>> By the way, in a previous post, I was complaining about the slowness
>> of Vista. I have removed some of the software from Startup, and built out
>> the memory from 512 megabytes to 2 gigabytes. Response is much better,
>> although still not blazing fast.
>


 
 
hls





PostPosted: Wed Sep 19 16:03:46 CDT 2007 Top

Windows Vista >> Opening links from Vista's Windows Mail


> Go to Control Panel (Classic view) > Default Programs > "Set your
> default programs" link, and make sure Internet Explorer and Windows Mail
> are set to all their defaults.
>

Thanks Cal Bear. I have gone into that area, and those settings seemed to
be correct.
I will go deeper and see if maybe I have left something undone.

"Appreciate your help