Why is default font on new slide smaller than on master?  
Author Message
Villain





PostPosted: Thu Apr 13 14:12:02 CDT 2006 Top

Powerpoint >> Why is default font on new slide smaller than on master?

I have set my default font in the master to be 9pt. i have also made the
content layout box for text 9 pt. yet when i insert a new slide and it says
"click to add content" the text is 8pt.

Office108  
 
 
codepeople





PostPosted: Thu Apr 13 14:12:02 CDT 2006 Top

Powerpoint >> Why is default font on new slide smaller than on master? Chloe

In Tools > autocorrect options >

Untick autofit bodytext to placeholder

Insert a new slide and see if the problem is solved.
--
Hope that helps




> I have set my default font in the master to be 9pt. i have also made the
> content layout box for text 9 pt. yet when i insert a new slide and it says
> "click to add content" the text is 8pt.
 
 
ChloeatMK





PostPosted: Thu Apr 13 16:29:01 CDT 2006 Top

Powerpoint >> Why is default font on new slide smaller than on master?
Thanks for the tip, John! i did what you told me and still have the same
problem!!! any other ideas?

Thanks so much!



> Chloe
>
> In Tools > autocorrect options >
>
> Untick autofit bodytext to placeholder
>
> Insert a new slide and see if the problem is solved.
> --
> Hope that helps
>
>

>
> > I have set my default font in the master to be 9pt. i have also made the
> > content layout box for text 9 pt. yet when i insert a new slide and it says
> > "click to add content" the text is 8pt.
 
 
Echo





PostPosted: Fri Apr 14 10:46:07 CDT 2006 Top

Powerpoint >> Why is default font on new slide smaller than on master? What slide layout does the new slide with 8-pt text use? If it's "title +
2-column text," that's why the font is smaller. So you'll want to make
another master to use for slides with that layout -- set the font size on
that master to 10 pt, and it will be 9 pt on the 2-column text slides.

At larger font sizes, the difference will be 2 or 4 pt, depending -- the
2-column text layout uses the next font size down in the font size
drop-down.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/
PPTLive! Sept 17-20, 2006 http://www.pptlive.com




>
> Thanks for the tip, John! i did what you told me and still have the same
> problem!!! any other ideas?
>
> Thanks so much!
>

>
>> Chloe
>>
>> In Tools > autocorrect options >
>>
>> Untick autofit bodytext to placeholder
>>
>> Insert a new slide and see if the problem is solved.
>> --
>> Hope that helps
>>
>>

>>
>> > I have set my default font in the master to be 9pt. i have also made
>> > the
>> > content layout box for text 9 pt. yet when i insert a new slide and it
>> > says
>> > "click to add content" the text is 8pt.


 
 
ChloeatMK





PostPosted: Fri Apr 14 15:53:01 CDT 2006 Top

Powerpoint >> Why is default font on new slide smaller than on master? Dear Echo,

Thank you so much! You are so right. I was using "title + 2-column text."
Have a great weekend.



> What slide layout does the new slide with 8-pt text use? If it's "title +
> 2-column text," that's why the font is smaller. So you'll want to make
> another master to use for slides with that layout -- set the font size on
> that master to 10 pt, and it will be 9 pt on the 2-column text slides.
>
> At larger font sizes, the difference will be 2 or 4 pt, depending -- the
> 2-column text layout uses the next font size down in the font size
> drop-down.
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/
> PPTLive! Sept 17-20, 2006 http://www.pptlive.com
>
>


> >
> > Thanks for the tip, John! i did what you told me and still have the same
> > problem!!! any other ideas?
> >
> > Thanks so much!
> >

> >
> >> Chloe
> >>
> >> In Tools > autocorrect options >
> >>
> >> Untick autofit bodytext to placeholder
> >>
> >> Insert a new slide and see if the problem is solved.
> >> --
> >> Hope that helps
> >>
> >>

> >>
> >> > I have set my default font in the master to be 9pt. i have also made
> >> > the
> >> > content layout box for text 9 pt. yet when i insert a new slide and it
> >> > says
> >> > "click to add content" the text is 8pt.
>
>
>